As we settle into these cooler months, you may find yourself dreaming of getting out of your work clothes and getting into something comfortable! However that doesn’t mean letting your style go, it’s all about applying basic rules and investing in classic staples to ensure you look stylish and casual throughout the season.
Key pieces to invest in for a casual & chic wardrobe:
- Stock up on stripes! Always in fashion, stripes can we worn as a basic tee with casual denims, a tank dress or luxe maxi skirt. Kiik Luxe, 3rd Story and Amelius all have some great striped options to choose from!
- Oversized tanks and tops are great with almost anything and are super comfy. Perfect for layering, simply add statement jewels and accessories for a more dressy style. Kiik Luxe offer a range of amazing one size fits all styles, which can be worn with leggings, jeans, skirts or shorts, and are available in a variety of colours. With a wider neckline, these styles can be made a little dressier by pulling the neck opening over the shoulders for an off the shoulder look.
- Keeping a go-to selection of women’s dresses and skirts is also a must, as they are so easy to style for every occasion. Layer long sleeve tees under dresses, or play with oversized knitwear to add a bit of variation to your wardrobe.
- Skinny jeans will take you from the desk to date night. They pair equally well with flats and heels.
- Team leggings with an oversized T-shirt and sneakers for a sports-luxe vibe. Great for those “I can’t be bothered getting dressed" kind of days! We recommend checking out 3rd Story and Betty Basics for your must-have wardrobe essentials.
- Wear a shift dress! They are oh so comfortable, easy, casual! Try a gorgeous white embroidered one for a boho touch or stand out with bold prints. In these colder months, pair your dresses with tights, boots, knitwear and an oversized coats.
- A tailored blazer! We love striped blazers or those in classic black or white. Throw over a casual women’s top and you’re set!
- The buttoned up collared shirt is a must for every wardrobe, try an oversized style with a tailored pant or skirt, or for a more causal look, layer your shirting with a basic striped tank.
Mix up your look by adding:
- Accessories! Statement jewels, leopard print highlights, a bright red bag – all great ways to add a little fashion flair to your style.
- Bold sneakers in gorgeous colours and prints – ideal sports-luxe style.
- Play with colours and textures – simple and easy, add a bold patterned top or printed pants for a little colour.
Try these colours:
- Stick to classic colours like white, black, grey or stripes for a more sophisticated vibe. This season we are also loving nudes and pastels for a girlie touch.
- Denim looks great in a light-wash for summer, team with a pastel coloured top or add structure with a classic checked blazer. In winter you may wish to choose a darker coloured denim, but if you really want to hold onto that summer vibe, light washes look great all year round!
- If you’re bold enough, don’t be afraid to play with colours! Wearing a printed women’s top or dress adds instant colour and stands out all on its own with minimal styling effort.