Whether you’re a natural bohemian dresser, or if this is a totally new concept to you, dressing bohemian is perfect for the spring/summer season, adding unique fabrics, plenty of layering and gorgeous prints into your everyday style. With the right mix, you can achieve a chic bohemian style and look stunning channeling the fashion style of your favourite celebrities like Sienna Miller, Nicole Richie, Mischa Barton, Zoe Kravitz, Joy Bryant, Kate Moss and Vanessa Hudgens.
Our top tips for rocking the bohemian style are:
Show off your bohemian style by layering a basic top with an oversized cardigan teaming with a printed scarf, luxe jewellery and printed pants.
1. Go easy on the colour combinations, layers, length and fit of your outfit. Avoid anything that’s bigger than your body frame (add a belt to a shapeless bohemian dress if you have to) or anything that extends past your feet. If you’re petite make sure to adjust to your body scale.
2. When it comes to layering, you’ll usually know where to stop.
Step a few feet away from the mirror and take notice of how the clothes fall from your frame.
- Does it draw attention away from your face?
- Does it “drag” your frame down, making you look smaller or stumpy?
- Does it make you look heavy or heavier than normal on some areas?
If yes, take one layer off or consider wearing something less dense-looking.
Look to the past:
Bohemian fashion is all about looking to the past. Embrace the 60s and 70s with vintage inspired styles with floral shirts and unique fabrics. Go for laces, floral, distressed looking leather bags – they don’t need to actually be vintage, but it’s all about representing key styles from those decades.
Show off your personality:
It’s easy to try/want to dress like your favourite boho stars like Nicole Richie and Mary-Kate Olsen, however boho (like any other trend) is all about showing off you. Whether you love a little more grungy punk vibe, layer on blacks with silver hardware or try a boho sporty look with a printed shift women’s dress, sneakers and a hobo style bag. Go girlie with pastel dresses or loose flowing women’s tops online and team with a denim jacket and strappy sandals.
It’s in the details:
Express yourself with stylish women’s accessories to instantly transform your look! We love brown leather hobo bag, ethnic embroidered scarf, gold and layered necklace, multiple bangle bracelets, gladiator sandal shoes and of course a felt fedora hat!
Update your bohemian wardrobe:
Ready to take the plunge and start dressing in a boho style? There are a few pieces you need in your wardrobe.
- Flared/Wide Leg Jeans & Pants
- Platform Sandals
- Kimonos and Kaftans
- Floral Print Flowy Dresses
- Animal Prints
- Crop Women’s Tops
We’ve got some amazing new pieces that have just landed at AlibiOnline, so head over to start shopping!