Winter is our favourite fashion season for so many reasons. You can be creative with prints, colours and statement pieces, but the main reason we love winter so much? The season for layering is here! Winter is all about basics and how you wear them, and what better way to celebrate than with new basics from our favourite brands like Sass, Fate, 3rd Story and Betty Basics.
Re-vamped with new colourways and styles, the new basics have everything you need to build your winter wardrobe from the bottom up.
We’ve previously shared with you the importance of layering as just one of the key ways to dress in the unpredictable weather, and that certainly starts with basics. Women’s tops, dresses, skirts and more are just a few of the key styles needed now, with classic monochromatic tones, pastel pinks, animal prints, and stripes contrasted with blues, blacks, reds and whites which are sure to liven up your new season styling!
Wardrobe staples you need in your life this winter:
- The Midi Dress: Perfect to take you from work to play, the midi dress shows off all your curves in all the right ways with a comfortable and casual style. Dress up with tights and boots or add a cropped leather jacket or blazer for an edgy or sophisticated look depending on your style. If you're after something more vintage inspired, choose a flowy style dress, throw on an oversized knit, and pair your outfit with boots and a woven bag.
- The Women’s Maxi Dress: Let summer live on with this flattering style! Try long sleeved or high-neck variations and wear casually with denim jackets, oversized knits, or open shirts and flats. Team with a heeled boot and waist defining belt for a night out!
- The Basic Top: Whether you’re a cropped kinda girl or love a classic tee, all wardrobes need basic tops that are perfect for layering. Great to wear under your summer camis, or layered on top of each other for extra warmth.
- The Casual Cardi: Layer over your basic top, maxi dress or cami, the casual cardi is ideal to wear under a women’s jacket and is great for extra warmth in the office without wearing your outside coat! Try something bold this season such as a red, yellow or a blue, and pair with your favourite neutral basic.
- The Body-Con Skirt: Great to throw on when needing to look stylish and comfortable, the body-con skirt is great for those in-between weather kind of days. Add tights and boots for the office or ankle strap heels for a dinner date. Team with a printed top or coat to dress up classic coloured skirt choices, or keep it neutral with a matching skirt-top set.
- The Trusty Jean: Do we even need to say why? Dress them up or dress them down, you can pair your jeans with anything and they're bound to look great! Choose black or leather look for a more formal occasion, or keep it cool in light washes and relaxed fits.
Want more? Head over to our new arrivals page for the latest in women's fashion!